Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Play Date #106/Case Study #64


The Play Date Cafe is has a brilliant color challenge this week of gray, yellow and pink with the following photo to use as color inspiration. 

I used the following card from the Case Study Challenge blog as my design inspiration

and this is what I came up with...


I sponged the three background colors onto a piece of Whisper White and then heat embossed my flower stamp with Dazzling Diamonds, which I have mixed 50/50 with Heat and Stick Powder. I used my Top Note to create a frame and stamped the sentiment in Basic Black along the bottom. I colored directly onto my butterfly stamp with my Stampin' Write Markers, before cutting out my image and popping it off my card. 


SU! products used:
Stamps - Inspired by Nature, retired Sale-A-Bration Bliss
Ink - Basic Gray, So Saffron and Blushing Bride 
Paper - Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink - Basic Black, Versa Mark
Bigz Die - Top Note
Other - Dazzling Diamonds, Heat and Stick Powder

6 comments:

Aimes said...

The sparkles on this card are soooooo pretty!!! Love 'em!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lisa said...

Very pretty Dawn! Love the sparkly flowers and the sweet butterfly!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just beautiful, Dawn! LOVE that shiny/glittery element and your perfectly fabulous, inky background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very subtle and just lovely! Thank you for playing CASE Study this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful inked background--LOVE the embossing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo sweet...hope your weekend is awesome!

enjoy *~*