Sunday, December 19, 2010

Feel Good FELT

I've recently fallen in LOVE with stiff felt, didn't even know there was such a thing till my friend Kelli introduced me to it. We made these little felt mittens at our November MOPS meeting (Kelli and I are the craft committee) and the ladies loved them. I did too and promised my daughter we'd make some of our own for our holiday gifts. Well, today was the day, the kids and I had fun making our mittens fancy (or just black, those were my sons) and set them aside to dry before attaching the little clothespins. You can attach these little mittens to gifts, goodies, as an ornament on the Christmas tree or even a magnet for the fridge, soooo many options, aren't they FUN?!
When I was browsing this weeks card challenges on line, I stumbled across this cozy pile of fleece at the Shabby Tea Room and knew right away what I wanted to do for my card. The theme is "warm and snuggly" and we are to use either fleece or felt and since I just purchased a plethora of felt, well...felt it is!
(week #40)
I wanted my little mitten to stand out so didn't use any red or green on my card and kept it very simple this week. Simple is good, simple is easy, simple is FABULOUS!! (if I do say so myself) I first drew a mitten on a piece of card board and then cut it out to use as my template. Tracing onto the felt, I cut just inside my marker line and viola', a cute little mitten! 
My background is Chocolate Chip, layered with Kraft, which I fancied up a bit with my new SU! textured impressions framed tulips embossing folder. I punched a bit of the Kraft out with the Word Window punch and then White Heat Embossed my Merry Christmas sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) inside. After beautifying my mitten, I popped it off the card with large Glue Dots. You could also attach a magnet to the back, so your recipient would have a nice little bit of holiday cheer to display after they open your hand made card.

7 comments:

PapierGirl said...

Love your sweet little mitten and the embossing is great! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Pattie said...

Adorable mitten! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

papertrails leaver said...

I like your mittens! The thick felt is really great to work with. super cute card! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :) Amy

Debbie said...

I love, love, LOVE it! What precious little felted mittens!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Robyn said...

Congratulations girl!! I love your card. Great work!! :)

Ruby said...

Love your little mitten, so sweet!

Ann Schach said...

Cute, cute, cute! The mitten is just adorable, Dawn!