Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #108 - Color Challenge



Waaahooo, it's time for a color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Totally up my alley... I pulled this manly gem together in just a few short minutes this afternoon before I lost my sunshine for picture taking! 


A simple card but really, what guy wants to see all sorts of 'stuff' on his card, they go in a shop, buy a pair of pants and walk out. No browsing among the shoes, socks or bow ties...simple makes a happy man, at least in my family! Of course now that I'm looking at these color again, I just wish I had a fireman stamp, these colors just scream for a shiny bright red engine.

I embossed my airplane, diamond pattern and sentiment in black, cut out a banner and tied it to the back of the plane with some red and white bakers twine. I used an EF on the Soft Suede, though it's not SU!, I like that it gives the Suede a leather look and feel.

Have a special man in your life that could use a bright fun card? Hop on over to the Hand Stamped Sentiments Blog, enter our challenge and see what inspiring creations the lovely Design Team has whipped up this week!


SU! products used:

Stamps : Plane and Simple, Happy Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink : Craft Basic Black
Cardstock : Read Red, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight
Other : Red/White Bakers Twine, 2-1/2" Circle Punch

4 comments:

inkedx2 said...

It is a great guy card! Love the banner treatment.

Erin Gonzales said...

Your card is making me realize that I NEED some masculine images BAD!! I love the plane and the frame around it, FAB!!! Love that girl!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh I love that you made this one manly! I struggle with that but this card is great!

Stampin by Genny said...

Dawn, I wish I would've purchased this stamp set. I love how you framed the plane and the banner is so creative! Great masculine card!