Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #115 - Spring


Thought I'd add a bit of MOM to the Spring Challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week. After seeing the beautiful bloomin' trees in the inspiration photo, I was drawn to purple and since lilacs are one of my all time favorite flowers, I colored my image to represent those blissful smelling buds.


I started off with a Wisteria Wonder base, layered a piece of embossed Rich Razzleberry on top and then finished off my color combo with a Lucky Limeade.


My flower was stamped onto a piece of WaterColorPaper in Black StazOn Ink. I used a few different shades of purple and green WaterColorCrayons and applied those with my Auqa Pen. After it dried, I added the pearls and a bit of Smooch Pearlized Top Coat for a bit of shimmer. 


My sentiment actually said "you're my favorite thing" so I just colored the words I wanted to show with my Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker and then added the word MOM, popping the center 'O' for a bit more depth. Isn't it 'tweet'?! :)

Head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments to link up your floral 'Spring' themed creation...remember, you're not just limited to cards. So, if you've been working on a snazzy new Spring wreath, scrapbook page, 3-D project, wall hanging...we'd love to see it! Come see what the Design Team has linked up for you this week as well and PLEASE remember to shut off your word verification so we can leave you blog love on your fab creations, thanks!!



SU! Products Used:
Ink - Black StazOn, Wisteria Wonder
Paper - Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Watercolor
Stamp Sets - Because I Care, Messages For Mom
Other - Wisteria Wonder Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Marker, Pearls, 2 Embossing Folders, Smooch

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!! You have some mad coloring skills!!

Bobbie said...

I loved this set... and wish my flowers could look like yours! BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for welcoming to this team!

momto8 said...

so beautiful! whoever gets this card will feel special! so thoughtful!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Erika Clark said...

OH, Because I Care is in my "keeper" collection! You did a wonderful job with that beautiful flower! Are Color Wonder crayons harder to use than just Stampin' Write marker watercolors? I've never been brave enough to try. Once again, a supremely pretty card!

Krista said...

Now I'm wishing I kept this set. I love the colors you chose and the cute little frame peeking out behind the mom. Your mom will love this!! On a side note, that bird is so cute and perfect for this theme. :)

inkedx2 said...

Dawn I love your card! What a perfect card to send to your mom.

Elizabeth Price said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Everything is so awesome on your card. I am really loving the colors and the texture and all the added details. The hydrangea is beautifully colored--yum! Smiles, Elizabeth

Diane Vander Galien said...

Beautiful!!! Love the soft color combo- perfect for Spring!!! Great watercoloring of your flower- Just Beautiful!!! Love all the texture and added accents!!! So Pretty!!

Shannon said...

Gorgeous! Love the shimmer and you did an amazing job with the crayon coloring! That little guy peeking out from behind the card is too cute as well:)

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So pretty and great use of the inspiration photo! I love lilacs...they smell so yummy! There was a bush this spring on my run route and I LOVED running past it...I was so sad when it got super hot super early and they all turned brown:(