Friday, December 19, 2008

3-D Tree

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, how lovely are your BRANCHES?? Now HOW did you do that??? (you say)...well, again, I was a SNATCHER!!! OOPS! :) I LOVE the Internet, not only because you can connect with old friends and stay connected to everyone else but also because you can find REALLY GREAT ideas like THIS! 

The BEST part is, YES, it folds flat and can be MAILED, woohoo!! 
Now just get your bone folders ready and brush up on your folding skills...

What I used: My NEW favorite green...Always Artichoke, Ruby Red & Very Vanilla Card Stock. The tree is Always Artichoke DSP from the Patterns Pack level 1 Hostess Gift (in the front of the Fall/Winter 2008 Idea Book and Catalog, sorry ladies you can't buy this, you can only earn it!-I didn't have any other green DSP at the time when I was trying to create this). Corner Rounder Punch, Large Oval Punch, Versa Mark, Always Artichoke Classic Ink, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon & Hologram Highlight Stampin' Emboss Powder (AGAIN, I'm sorry, this is RETIRED and I didn't realize that until we were trying to look for it in the catalog, oops!) The saying is from the level 1 hostess stamp set, Best Yet.

I can't find the blog that had the instructions, so I guess I'll have to TRY to walk you through the folding part-this is where a video would come in HANDY! 

For the tree, you'll need 3 different sized squares
3 x 3", 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" & 1-1/2" x 1-1/2"
 Now fold each square in 1/2, open and fold the other way in 1/2, creating a + crease line
 
 Open and fold each square into a triangle, corner to corner and again on the other side, it'll look like you've creased a plus sign and an X, which equals 8 creases
 holding the square in your hands, pull the horizontal creases in towards the middle and press down, you'll have created a triangle
 now fold one side of the top of your triangle in towards the center crease
 and again with the other side and you'll have this...a section of your tree
I put my ribbon down first for the trunk and then layered the tree starting with the top...just slip a small section of the lower 'branches' into the upper pieces and viola, a pretty little poppin' tree!!! Give it a try, let's see what you come up with!

No comments: