Sunday, January 10, 2010

January Club Projects

Owl-ways be yours (idea and template found HERE)


This was just too cute NOT to make and after cutting out the template on a piece of cardboard, was a breeze to put together. I used retired Hand Drawn DSP, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie & Whisper White. The eyes were made with the scallop circle, 1-1/4" circle & 1" circle punches. The beak was made with the large Photo Corner punch. I also added a heart from the Heart to Heart Punch.
 You can pop a pencil, pixi stick, candy cane, etc. in the little slits at the bottom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heart Candy Holder (idea found HERE)


I just watched a video on how to make these faux leather flowers, so I wanted to give it a whirl...pink and red are not my two favorite colors to put together but hey, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and we're going to have explosions of pink and red soon! I used Real Red, Pretty in Pink & Old Olive card stock. 3/4" Polka-Dot Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, although I used the non polka side. The 1-3/4" & 1-1/4" Circle punches for the flower. SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die & Petal Card Bigz die. Everything was fastened together with sticky strip (I LOVE that stuff) and silver brads. Fill with your favorite candy and hang on your neighbors door or leave love notes for your teen or hubby! The possibilities are ENDLESS!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bouquet of Hearts (idea found HERE)


I switched the color scheme up a bit, using Blush Blossom as my card base and retired Candy Lane DSP for the hearts. The Happy V-Day stamp is from Happy Hearts Day and I inked it up with a Real Red & Close To Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker.  Also used Kraft taffeta ribbon along the vase (which is the Ornament Punch).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I've wanted to make a shaker card since Regionals and I FINALLY tackled that this month with the following card. Using Regal Rose as my base and Taken With Teal, this masterpiece was born, isn't the glitter FABULOUS?! and I LOVE the hidden message inside the little treat cup too. I used a clear rhinestone brad for a little bling on the basket. The weights are pinked up with Fine Supernova, PINK, Stampin' Glitter and the inside of the treat cup (my shaker) is filled with Light Pink, Chunky Sprinkles, Stampin' Glitter. Also used Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, the scallop edge, 1-3/4" circle, word window & modern label punches. The heart hot air balloon is from Sweet Centers, while the Happy V-Day phrase was taken from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


2 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Two words: SPARKLY GOODNESS!! Love it!

Bernadette said...

Love love love!