Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Bean Birthday


I have to say that I LOVE making Birthday cards, especially when I can imagine the recipient opening their mailbox and finding one of my creations inside, instead of a boring old bill...which comes, regularly like Birthday's, no matter if we like them or not. Hopefully, this little latte sippin' lady will put a smile to a certain someone's face this month, as she celebrates another fabulous year! 


This week over at the Hand Stamped Sentiments Blog, they are warming up to fall with this lovely color pallet of Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie & Night of Navy
&
the sketch for my card came from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Blog


A lovely brown box was dropped off on my front porch yesterday and I was able to try out my NEW Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder with the Happy Birthday sentiment, FUN STUFF, I tell ya! 

 How cute is she in her white jeans and polka dotted blue top?

A sweet little treat tucked inside!



The following SU! products were used to create this card (and then some)...

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, Whisper White & Cherry Cobbler

Ink: Versa Mark

Stamps: (Hostess) Happiest Birthday Wishes
Like it a Latte (retired)

Punches: Scallop Edge & Word Window

Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding

Bigs Dies: Scallop Circle & Clear Circle

7 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Adorable card. The ruffle on the top is perfect!

Krista said...

It is fun to make a card with someone in mind. It makes it so much more personal. Whoever gets this card will be doing the happy dance all the way from the mailbox for sure!! I love the scrunchy ribbon, the layout and the coloring!!! Great job!!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

Great gift card! Love the ribbon treatment. And I fully agree she is adorable. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Erin Gonzales said...

Dawn, all I have to say is "SHUT UP!" That ruffle on the top is AWESOME! I love your image and the layout, all around a wonderful card! Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

This is awesome Dawn! I love the different sized card! The Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder was the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! Can't wait to see your work again next week!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

What a bright and fun card! I like how you offset the circle a bit and that ruffled ribbon is so fun! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Anonymous said...

I love the ribbon treatment! You did a great job with the colors. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.