Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #102 - Beach


This week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, we're turning the heat up a bit with a Beach Inspirational photo...now seriously, who can NOT want to be there right now?! I know I could stand a kiss of sun on this winter white skin!

I looked over EVERY single stamp set I own and sadly couldn't find a beach themed stamp anywhere in the whole lot...but staring dreamily into the inspiration photo and almost hearing the crashing waves at my feet, I thought of non other than sand, crystal blue waters and orange sunsets. Thought my little speed boat looked oh so cool tucked in between the waves as it sped off to pick up the latest water skier or parasailor.

HSS#102

I used a punched circle as my sun, held it in place and sponged Tangerine Tango all around, removing the circle, what remained was a perfect sunset. The water and sand were created by ripping strips of paper and then sponging each with their corresponding ink colors. The little speed boat was heat embossed in Basic Black onto a Basic Grey cardstock with a slight bit of color in the racing stripe. I wanted the boat to look like a silhouette with the sunset in the background. 

I hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks photo, head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and check out what lovely 'get away' creations the Design Team has put their sandy feet on and dive right into the challenge yourself, we'd love to see your warm beach' y creations!


SU! products used:

Stamp Set - Need For Speed
Paper - Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Basic Grey
Ink - Versa Mark, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
Punch - 1-3/4" Circle
Other - Black Embossing Powder, Tangerine Tango Marker


2 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Love how you did the beach and waves. Very clever card.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

LOVE the colors! Oh what a sunset!