Friday, January 20, 2012

Deepest Sympathy

I just have to say I'm soooo excited, it's snowing in Newport and it's sticking!! Hooray! Of course it's now raining on top, which is going to make for a sloppy mess but WOW, does a town look oh so different with a blanket of white! Not to mention my kids are going to be soooo excited when they wake up in the morning, that is if it doesn't melt by then.

Without further weather interruptions, on to my card...


I simply fell in LOVE with the sketch over at the Card Patterns blog and as much as we don't like to make sympathy cards, I was so very happy with how these turned out, I'm making loads more. Sympathy cards are needed more than we'd like to admit, no one likes to talk about death and it's hard to find the right words to say to someone who has lost a loved one or friend. But sometimes simple is best, just saying "I'm sorry" can really let someone know you care, you are willing to talk when they are ready. And you are thinking of them during a difficult chapter in their lives.



I chose a black, white and grey color scheme cause rainy days happen to the best of us...and I didn't want to exactly make a sympathy card with a loud color like HOT PINK, too flashy for the occasion, I think so!
I kept it simple but played up the texture with my already embossed DP and patterned papers. The Sympathy sentiment was stamped in Basic Black and I added just a touch of Dazzling Details to the center swirl. 


SU! products used:

Stamp Set - Thanks For Caring
Ink - Basic Black
Paper - Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White
Punches - 2-1/2" Circle, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border
Other - Black Satin Ribbon, Dazzling Details, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Clare said...

Very classy card, thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.