Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #101 - Shaker Technique


It's time to SHAKE IT over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! 


I had so much fun watching this card come to life before my eyes...I pulled out my SWEET TREAT CUPS and knew I wanted to make a rattle for this challenge...so on went my thinking cap and I was off in lala creative land (or shall I say, shaker land)!


I used one of the flower petals from the BIGS Flower Die as my handle, edging it in brown ink. My little onesie was stamped and cut out, for a fun surprise once the glitter has been shaken the bottom of the Sweet Treats Cup. My circular outline of the rattle was made with first the 1-3/4" Circle punch and then lining up the 2-1/2" Circle punch on top of it. I then used the Lattus EF to bring a little bit of texture to my rattle. A sweet little bow for tiny touch of elegance, so cute! This is perfect for a sweet little boy that was just born to our old neighbors back in Texas. Life's too precious to not add some sparkles and 'shake it' once in awhile!


Head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments to check out what the Design Team has shaken up this week...put some tunes on your radio and get your own shakin' goin' on!!



SU! products used:

Paper - Bashful Blue
Stamps - retired SAB Whimsical Words
Punches - 1-3/4" Circle, 2-1/2" Circle, Large Oval
Die/EF - Lattus EF, Clear Flower Bigz Die
Other - Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Sweet Treats Cups, Lg. Blue Chunky Glitter

3 comments:

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So cute! I love how you made the rattle and the onesie!

inkedx2 said...

What a cute baby card! Love the little onesie inside the shaker.

Stampin by Genny said...

Dawn,
What a great idea! Love the over-sized rattle. Such a cute idea I'll have to CASE.