Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments #124 - Quilts


It's time to 'get your stitch on' over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week, with our Quilt Inspiration Challenge. And if you're not a sewer, like me, paper does the trick pretty well when you want to lay a blanket of color on your card!


As soon as I saw the inspiration photos, I knew I wanted to do some sort of a block look and needed a Get Well card for my friend, who's child was in the hospital. (She's out now, hooray!) My friend and I share an addiction for IPhone cases (a little something for Mama too), which is where I snagged my color scheme from.


I didn't do any stitching on the card but love how the Postage Stamp Punch makes it look like it has been stitched. I added a bit of dimension with an EF and then broke out the sweet silhouette stamp as well as the perfect sentiment from Delightful Dozen. I popped up just the two corner pieces and didn't emboss them like the rest. I think they both make quite the statement on their own.

We'd love to see what quilts your fancy, head on over to the HSS Blog to view beautiful inspiration from our design team and link up your own creation to play along this week!


SU! products used:
Stamp Sets - Hostess Priority Mail, Delightful Dozen
Ink - Craft White, Perfect Plum
Paper - Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White
Punch - Postage Stamp
Other - White Embossing Powder

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Loving the postage stamp effect! I hadn't seen that until now. You did a great job matching the card to the IPhone case. Adorable!

inkedx2 said...

Very cute! Love how you used the punch to create interest in your squares.

Bethany Lasher said...

Looks like you rand the paper through the Big Shot & I think it looks really cool like that! Color combo is really soothing - perfect for a get well soon card. Glad they are better & out of the hospital.

Bobbie said...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the encouraging words you sent as a design team member at HSS. You'll be missed!