Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments Theme Challenge #122


The plumes have it!
Come join in over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week as we are hosting a Peacock or Bird Themed Challenge, so FUN! I purchased this peacock feather stamp for my second set of wedding invitations made for a friend, so whenever I see it, it's hard to picture it used any other way...I pulled the same colors out but gave it a bit of a twist this time and I love how it turned out!


I've used a piece of Early Espresso on my card, can you find it???


I've covered it up with Shimmer Paint, haha!... After I used an EF on my Early Espresso, I decided to make my feather silver and sponged a bit of the Shimmer Paint around the cardstock, only to have the embossing powder stick to one of the edges. It was an accident that I LOVED and decided to finish off the rest of the edges and do the same to my sentiment banner as well. A bit of blue glitter in the eye of the feather and voila! 


SU! products used:

Stamps - Delightful Dozen
Paper - Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Pacific Point
Punch - Tab
Other - Silver Embossing Powder, Shimmer Paint, Versa Mark

3 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE it! Some of the best ideas come from "accidents." Kind of how I got boy #3, lol. I love the silver background. Amazed how you are doing this with an impending move. You are seriously super woman!

Erika Clark said...

Dawn! Your card is bright and brilliant! I couldn't for the life of me find the Early Espresso, I was totally playing I Spy with the full screen pictures. You did a great job disguising! Hope all is well! Erika

Stampin by Genny said...

I love that you used the feather in your wedding invitation. So unique! The colors are also fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration!