Thursday, August 19, 2010

Halloween Dual

It's a LiiiiiiiTTLE bit early for Christmas cards but I can TOTALLY get away with creating something orange and black at the moment...Anne Marie, Holly & I got together today and the challenge was to make a Halloween card with the following sketch.

 I pulled out my Sock Monkey stamp set and Accessories and got to cutting and cutting AND cutting...hehe
I used the paper piecing technique AGAIN...just give me some designer paper, stamps and a pair of Craft & Rubber Scissors and I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!! I was a bit stumped when it came to putting the 4 circles on the card and then a light bulb went on and I grabbed a sponge dauber and cut out the back of another monkey to lay on top of my already adhered masterpiece, ahem..and look, four perfect Pumpkin Pie circles! My card was all put together but I couldn't find the right "look" for a saying when, cha ching, yup, ANOTHER light bulb flashed and I got this KILLER idea to make a little pumpkin card for the monkey to hold that opens and says "Happy Halloween" inside. 


1 comment:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Snip, snip, snip....you are my paper piecing hero!! Loving those "dauber dots" behind Mr. Monkey! His itty-bitty greeting card makes me happy! :)