Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not so Pretty in Pink

Another week and another fab Wednesday get together with Anne Marie, yesterday. We both had a hard time with this challenge BUT pulled it off in the end. The light pink kept throwing us both off, which explains the very minimal touches of it on my card. Of course it didn't help that I started working with Regal Rose instead and realized I had the WRONG color just before I started sticking everything together, ooops! hehe...
Not only did we go off of the Split Coast Stampers Wednesday Sketch challenge #295, BUT we ALSO incorporated a color challenge AS WELL as a coffee theme, between the two of us, nothing like a little percolating pressure to pull this puppy off!!
Split Coast sketch

and now for a bit of color...

and finally my creation...
I am in LOVE with this new "Morning Cup" coffee stamp set from SU!, isn't it GREAT?!


3 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

UGH...that dang Pretty in Pink...I needed some caffeine to get through this challenge! HaHa! Thanks for the kick in the pants on this one! Your card came out fabbo! Perfectly percolated! :)

Broni said...

Cool card! Gotta love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along in the Throwdown with us!

Kristin Eberline said...

Amen to this sentiment! LOL Has me written all over it :] LOVE your card. Nice, clean layers...your coloring is fab, and I love how you added the cup as the round embellishment on the sketch!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CTD this week!