Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweet Valentine


This weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch inspired me to make a manly Valentine for my DH. I've been chomping at the bit to ink up my new "Be My Valentine" solo stamp and Basic Black was the color of choice. Didn't really think my man would be too fond of pink on his card, so I kept it simple with black and red with a touch of glitter...okay, maybe a tad more than a touch with the Red Glimmer Paper from the Occasions Mini but I don't think he'll mind too much!


Hard to believe there's any green with all the snow everyone has been having everywhere...but in Texas, surprisingly enough, the plants in the front of our house are still green! Hooray for slightly warmer temps.


I drew the sketch on a piece of paper and didn't realize I had goofed where I had drawn my ribbon till my card was already put together, oops! I used a piece of Glossy White card stock to stamp my image onto in Basic Black Craft Ink, which I then heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder. I felt like the white was just too sharp so I used my Brayer and layered on Riding Hood Red till I got the desired color and then touched up a few spots with a sponge. To get your glossy paper glossy again, it's best to wipe or buff it with a clean, dry Swiffer wipe or a kleenex. I love using odd ribbon and pulled this big red beauty out of my Christmas wrapping basket. So a manly card with girly flair, LOVE it!


No comments: