Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blue Mojo

Thought I'd get my Mojo on this afternoon and make some cards!! Since I didn't have to pick up my Kindergartner from school (she flew to AZ today) and both the boys napped at the same time, I had some free Mama time to do just that! Yipee!!
I used this weeks Mojo Monday sketch as inspiration for my card but flipped it sideways to fit my stamp. I pulled out my Big Shot (who am I kidding, not like it's in the closet...it's practically attached to my hip, hehe!) and used the larger scallop circle from my SU! Sizzix Circle, Scallop #2 die. I colored directly on my stamp with Stampin' Write Markers with Pear Pizzazz, Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy & Bashful Blue. Did a bit of huffing and viola', a pretty little multicolored peacock!

This weeks Color Throwdown colors seemed perfect for my little bird and after pulling out my Color Coach, I decided Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi & Certainly Celery matched their little butterflies the best.

I used two tiny little scraps on top of my little flag ribbon (not quite sure what to call it) then added a tiny Marina Mist bow. A bit of green bling throughout adds a bit of sparkle & ties all the blue/greens together. My sentiment is from Messages for Mom but I think everyone likes to hear how wonderful they are, whether they are a Mom or not!

Punches Used: 2-1/2" Circle, 1-1/4" Square (for the little bite out of my flag)