Thursday, September 23, 2010

A+Monkey

Another creative day with Anne Marie yesterday and although I ONLY finished putting together 2 cards (and started the base of 2 more), I did combine 3 different challenges (quite a feat since there are sooo many wonderful challenges to pick from on the internet)...I really wanted to call this post Monkeying Around or Triathlon Monkey but settled on A+Monkey since that's what totally pops off this card. (Thanks for the fab idea to use chipboard, AM, you're a creative GENIUS!)
First I snagged this sketch from Anne Marie's stack of unbelievably OCD post it notes (and I say that with MUCH love since I too am on the OCD side, lol), where she jotted down this weeks The Paper Players challenge.
PP16

Next I combined the colors from the SCS Color Challenge
Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi & Cajun Craze
CC289

and last I paired it with the following inspirational photo challenge from The Shabby Tea Room
TSTR28 "School Days"

Gracious, THAT was a mouthful!! After coloring my sweet little monkeys, I punched them out using the 1-3/4" Circle XL & 1-3/8" Circle. Placed my background of RETIRED "Hand Drawn" DSP, some RETIRED Baja Breeze ribbon & a raw "A" from my SU! chipboard stash, with Cajun Craze sponged onto it and a sentiment stamped in Black Staz On and ba da bing ba da boom...a Thank You card, which I'm sure will come in handy for one of my daughters teachers!

12 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

A+, Dawn! It was fabbo to finally get together and get our creative mojo going! :) Love this cute little card, I REALLY like the sentiment stamped on the ribbon, the notebook paper...and really, how do you go wrong with MONKEYS??!! I think you should name him Clifford, btw. HeeHee!

Unknown said...

so cute I give it an AT

Pattie said...

Oh I just love that little monkey! This is super cute! I love the color combo too! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Tea Room!

Nance Leedy said...

This is so adorable! I love the monkeys, that fab notebook paper but most of all stamping on the ribbon...how clever! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa said...

Awww what a super cute back to school card and I love the colors you've uses! Thanks for playing with us in the Tea Room!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! Love the monkeys! Great job with the sketch!

Debbie said...

Super sweet ... I {heart} how you've stamped the sentiment onto the Baja ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Lesley said...

Super card! I love all the elements, especially the colours! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week.
Smiles,
Lesley

LeAnne said...

This gets an A+ from me too! Such a fun funky monkey card! Thanks for using the PP sketch!

jaydee said...

Dawn - definitely an A+ card! What a fabulously creative use of the sketch. Love the stamping on the ribbon, too!
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week. Look forward to seeing you join us again.
Jaydee

Becky Jo said...

What a fun card! It made me smile when I looked at it. I too like the way you stamped the ribbon. Gotta try that. Your graphics are just adorable. Love how everything came together on your card.

PapierGirl said...

Too cute! Love that little monkey and the stamping on the ribbon is an idea I will have to give a try! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)